Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. This includes for example, contacting you about job opportunities, assessing your suitability for those opportunities, updating our databases, putting you forward for job opportunities, and developing and managing our services and relationship with you and our clients.
In some cases we may be required to use your data for the purpose of investigating, reporting and detecting crime and also to comply with laws that apply to us. We may also use your information during the course of internal audits to demonstrate our compliance with certain industry standards.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Your consent
- Where we have a legitimate interest
- To comply with a legal obligation that we have
- To fulfil a contractual obligation that we have with you
- If requested/or in agreement – to send your CV to clients that may be of interest
b. Legitimate interest
This is where the Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd has a legitimate reason to process your data provided it is reasonable and does not go against what you would reasonably expect from us. Where Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- Managing our database and keeping work-seeker records up to date;
- Contacting the individual to seek consent where we need it;
- Providing work-finding services to the individual, including sending their information to our clients where they have demonstrated an interest in doing that particular type of work but not expressly consented to you passing on their cv;
- Contacting the individual with information about similar products or services that they have used from you recently.
- Carrying out Market research.
c. Recipient/s of data
Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd will process your personal data with the following recipients:
- Clients that we introduce or supply individuals to.
- Candidates’ former or prospective new employers that you obtain or provide references to
- The Recruitment and Employment Confederation
- Any other third parties who carry out audits to ensure that we run our business correctly.
- Our insurers
- Our legal advisers
- Our IT and CRM providers
- As training aides for our employees
d. Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd will not be able to represent you and provide job seeking services.
- To check identity, right to work, suitability for the role, qualifications and experience.
2. Overseas Transfers
Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd may transfer only the information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. We will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. This is only for candidates who are interested in working abroad. Please note you will know all details of the company and position before any data is sent.
3. Data retention
Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd will retain your personal data for three years from the start date of your placement. Different laws may also require us to keep different data for different periods of time e.g HMRC. Where consent is not granted Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd will cease to process your personal data
4. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd processing your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Avnee Moonesawmy on 020 7148 5584 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There may be circumstances where Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd will still need to process your data for legal or official reasons. We will inform you if this is the case. Where this is the case, we will restrict the data to only what is necessary for the purpose of meeting those specific reasons.
If you believe that any of your data that Vivant Consultants Engineering Ltd processes is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it where necessary.
You can also contact us using the above details if you want us to restrict the type or amount of data we process for you, access your personal data or exercise any of the other rights listed above.
5. Complaints or queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact:Avnee Moonesawmy on 020 7148 5584 or email email@example.com
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.